So we are all looking for those Fast, family friendly and Super Healthy recipes to cook for our loved ones. But seriously, who wants to cook and clean, and then Clean up a huge pile of dishes! I sure don’t!
I seriously hate dishes- its the chore that is Really a chore for me. Solution- One pot meals! This means less cooking time, less dishes and More time to spend with your family ❤
Just in case you haven’t seen this well circulated and devoured One Pot meal- You seriously need to try Italian Wonder Pot!!
From my family to yours- Enjoy!!
Credit: Budget Bytes
- 4 cups/1 carton vegetable or chicken broth $2.00
- 2 Tbsp olive oil $0.25
- 6.5 oz/ 750 g fettuccine or linguine $1.25
- 8 oz. frozen chopped spinach $2.00
- 28 oz. can diced tomatoes $1.25
- 1 medium onion, sliced $0.50
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced $0.40
- ½ Tbsp dried basil $0.15
- ½ Tbsp dried oregano $0.15
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes $0.05
- freshly cracked pepper to taste $0.05
- 2 oz. shaved or shaker Parmesan $1.25
- Add four cups/carton of broth to a large pot. Break the fettuccine in half and add it to the pot along with the canned tomatoes (with juices), olive oil, frozen spinach, onion, garlic, basil, oregano, red pepper, and some freshly cracked black pepper.
- Make sure the ingredients are submerged under the liquid, place a lid on top of the pot, and then turn the heat on to high. Allow the pot to come up to a full boil over high heat, then remove the lid and turn the heat down to medium.
- Allow the pot to continue to boil over medium heat, without a lid, for 10-15 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked and most of the liquid has been absorbed. Stir the pot every few minutes as it cooks to prevent the pasta from sticking to the bottom, but avoid over stirring which can cause the pasta to become sticky.
- Sprinkle with shaved Parmesan just before serving.
- We also love adding sliced grilled chicken, pork roast and/or chopped crispy bacon for added protein. Sometimes we add some shredded cheese too!
*Note- if you are using whole wheat pasta you might need to add an extra 1/4 cup of water and allow a few extra minutes of cooking. You can add the water towards the end if its still too hard for your liking.